Nominate Share the Plate Recipients
OUUC Social Justice Committee
Anyone from OUUC may suggest an organization for consideration in the Share the Plate program. Folks from a community organization may also nominate themselves. Nominations will be collected and reviewed by The Social Justice Nominating Committee in November, 2013 for inclusion in the 2014 Share the Plate Program. We are increasing the percentage the non-profit will get in 2014; OUUC will keep 40% and the recipient will get 60%.
Submit the following information:
- Organizational Name
- Organizational Location
- Region Served
- Brief History
- Annual Operating Budget
- Revenue Sources
- Potential for Overlap of Services
(submit to Terrence Zander by October 30)
- Selected organizations must have 501(c)3 status with the IRS.
- Selected organizations must have local vs. regional, national, or global impact.
- Generally, selected organizations will be non-profits with annual operating budgets of not more than $750,000. (Special consideration may be given on a caseby-case basis.)
- Selected organizations must provide unique services that serve a niche in the community or region, and are not duplicated by other, stable and effective organizations.
- Selected organizations should have at least a brief history of stability and success at what they do.
- The annual list of selected organizations attempts to span a wide spectrum of social justice issues so as to not congregate all contributions in one issue area.
- Selected organizations will not be eligible for future contributions for two years.
2013 deadline is Oct. 30, 2013.
Submit electronic versions to: Terrence Zander .
Written forms can be mailed to:
OUUC / STP
2300 East End St. NW,
Olympia, WA, 98502
or left with the Church Administrator, T-Th, 11am to 4pm, or on Sunday mornings, 8am to noon.