OUUC Share the Plate Nominations
OUUC Social Justice Committee
Anyone from the OUUC community may suggest an organization for consideration in the Share the Plate program. Suggestions will be collected and reviewed by the Social Justice Committee (SJC) for inclusion throughout the following year.
(submit to Terrence Zander by October 30)
- Selected organizations must have 501(c)3 status with the IRS.
- Selected organizations must have local impact, rather than regional, national, or global.
- Generally, selected organizations will not be nonprofits with annual operating budgets of $750,000 and above. Special consideration may be given on a case by case basis.
- Selected organizations must provide unique services that serve a niche in the community or region, and are not duplicated by other, stable and effective organizations.
- Selected organizations should have at least a brief history of stability and success at what they do.
- The annual list of selected organizations must attempt to span a wide spectrum of social justice issues, as to not congregate all contributions in one issue area.
- Selected groups will not be eligible for future contributions for two years.
It is beneficial if a representative of the nominee can be present to answer questions at our nominating meeting in November. A list of selected organizations will then be compiled by the SJC and forwarded to the OUUC Board of Directors, who will then choose a two-month period for each Share the Plate program recipient.
Submit the following information:
- Organizational Name:
- Organizational Location:
- Region Served:
- Brief History:
- Annual Operating Budget:
- Revenue Sources:
- Potential for Overlap of Services