At OUUC we have many small groups: social groups, book groups, support groups, and classes are all examples of small groups. We also have two Small Group Ministry programs: Learning Circles and Covenant Circles.
Learning Circles meet monthly to practice group reflection and support one another as lifelong learners. Each circle is limited to 12 participants, and the monthly meeting is shaped around these questions:
- what have you been inspired by or learned recently?
- what thinking and feeling about that have you done?
- what actions or further exploring did that lead to?
- what questions and wonderings do you still have?
- what now? What are the implications of your learning for you/the group/the congregation/the world?
- What next? What’s your next step?
There are no open Learning Circles at this time.
A covenant circle meets once or twice a month for the spiritual practice of reflecting and sharing around a theme of the month (which will also be explored in worship). Covenant Circles are limited to 12 participants.
Current Active-but-Closed Covenant Circles:
- 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, 1-2:30pm, facilitated by Woody Moore
- 2nd Wednesdays, 1:30-3pm, facilitated by Pat Sonnenstul
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays, 1:30-3pm, facilitated by Martha Nicoloff and Lorrie Eaton
- 3rd Fridays, 10:30am-12pm, facilitated by Mary Moore
There are no open Covenant Circles at this time.