With your generous support, OUUC’s HOLIDAY ONLINE BOOK SALE raised over $6,000 for Help US Move In, a nonprofit helping Thurston County families with children escape homelessness. Many thanks to our shoppers, everyone that donated books, and to our many wonderful volunteers who made this special sale possible:
• Martha Guilfoyle got us off to a great start with a fun and festive Holiday Sale logo and excellent marketing advice.
• Julie Edwards, our eCommerce web developer extraordinaire, made our Holiday Book Store feature-rich, bug-free, and best of all, snazzy.
• Josie Solseng managed internal communications with persistence and grace.
• Our stalwart team of Book Captains – Ann & Roger Nielsen, Betsy Minkoff, Cheryl Hanks & Selden Hall, Harmon Eaton, Helen & Hank Henry, John Rapano, Maggie & John Post, Mary Wildenhaus, Martha Nickoloff, Maureen Canny, Sally & Bob Brennand, Susan Southwick, Trink Newman, and Wim & Rae Verhoef – spent long hours photographing and listing mountains of books, CDs and DVDs.
• Sally Brennand graciously volunteered to manage after-sale events so everyone will receive the books they ordered, and the unsold books are stored for our next, hopefully in-person, sale. Assisting her in these efforts are Ann Rockway, Anne Kohlbry,
Bob Brennand, Carol Williams & Glen Hubbard, Cheryl Hanks & Selden Hall, Connie Ruhl, Jerald Dodson, Joe Joy & Susan Southwick, John Tafejian, Julie Rosmond, Linda Selsor & Charlie O’Neill, Lynne MacDonald, Martha Nicoloff, Mary Wildenhaus, Otto Buls, Paul Bakke, and Sally Payne.
• And Susan Dodson, for organizing the book sale.
Please be sure to pick up your purchases at OUUC on Thursday, December 9 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm or Saturday, December 11 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. Please contact Susan Dodson if you have any questions.