Here’s some information for May 1 Congregational Meeting…
The current OUUC Board of Trustees made the strategic decision to focus on the Vision, Mission, and Ends as a top priority. Consultant Jake Morrill has helped develop and guide this project. The Project Team gathered data and your thoughts through 1:1 interviews, a congregational survey, a survey of external partners, online cottage meetings, and a three-section congregation-wide meeting.
A Writing Team diligently reviewed all the input, and from this constructed the proposed Vision, Mission, and Ends:
A loving, just, and healthy world
We are part of the infinite, interconnected WEB of life.
Welcome and Wonder
Embrace and Empower
Bridge and Become
ENDS: WITHIN each of us
Authentic spirituality rooted in courage and personal growth
- I am continually inspired to deepen my spiritual understanding with the love and support of the OUUC community.
- As I grow and learn, I practice my faith, act courageously, and create and appreciate beauty.
ENDS: AMONG congregants
Joyful connections built on inclusion and support
- We welcome all persons searching for a spiritual home. No matter your personal identity or your circumstance, you are accepted and cherished here.
- Our covenant is the foundation of strong relationships. Our connections deepen as we learn, love, work, play, sing, and find meaning together.
ENDS: BEYOND our doors
Thriving communities grounded in justice and interconnection
- We are a reliable, collaborative presence working with our allies to protect the rights of all people and the well being of the planet.
- As we recognize the intrinsic value of all persons, we reach out with care and compassion to preserve health, dignity, and freedom for our neighbors and beyond.
ENDS: THROUGHOUT our organization
Resilient systems steeped in spirituality and transparency
- In all aspects of our organization, OUUC operates with transparency, sustainability, integrity, and inclusion.
- All congregants are encouraged to share their talents and participate in leadership opportunities.
What happens now?
The Board reviewed and released the updated VME, and requested comments and questions. We heard from about a half dozen people with suggestions and positive feedback (thank you!) Over 50 people attended last Sunday’s Q&A discussion, with more input and questions. The Project Team will review all comments and feedback, and the Vision, Mission, and Ends will be shared as information on May 1. Congregants may continue to share feedback until May 12.
At their regular meeting on May 13, the Board of Trustees will vote to adopt the final version of the VME, adopt with amendment, or reject the final proposed Vision, Mission, and Ends.
If you have questions about the Vision, Mission, or Ends, or if you have comments, please contact one of the Board Trustees. We want to hear from you!