The art flag project is a creative and collaborative expression of community as we come together to prepare for Reverend Mary’s installation. We are hoping as many members as possible will join in to decorate at least one small fabric flag using icons and designs (no words please) that represent your connection to the OUUC. The decorated flags will be gathered and threaded along a sturdy cord and displayed in the sanctuary on the day of the installation. They will be a cheerful and colorful representation of our beloved community as we “Let Our Love Fly!”
Here’s how it will work:
- There will be many opportunities to decorate a flag – beginning from now until September 26.
- Flags and art supplies will be available at the church picnic on August 22.
- Make a flag at home! We supply the flag fabric and instructions; you supply markers and your creativity. Flags are available to anyone for the asking. Please reach out to Amy Bertrand through OUUC Connect (Realm). We can deliver too!
- A tip sheet with ideas and inspiration will come with your flag fabric.
- We will provide options on how to return finished art flags.
- Have fun! Your flag doesn’t have to be perfect. As the saying goes, it’s about connection, not perfection.
For more information, contact Amy Bertrand or Martha Guilfoyle through OUUC Connect (Realm).