Have you ever been curious how to change your Zoom profile picture? Maybe you were prompted to choose one when you first got Zoom, but you can’t remember how to go back in and pick something new? Or maybe your profile has never had a picture, and you’d like a change. This is a handy guide to figuring out whether you have a Zoom profile photo, and changing it whenever you’d like.
Your Zoom profile isn’t like a Facebook or other social media profile–it’s not something people can look up to learn more about you or network. In fact, having a profile photo is one of the only distinguishing features your profile might have–and it doesn’t have to be a picture of you!
This is the photo that shows in a Zoom meeting when you turn your camera off. It can show your face, some artwork, or any other photo you’d like to be associated with you on Zoom.
There are two methods to changing a Zoom profile photo: going through your browser, or going through the Zoom app on your phone, iPad, or other device.
This route uses your browser (whatever program you use to search the Internet, like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari) and what Zoom calls the “Zoom portal.”
- Go to Zoom.com.
- Click “Sign in,” which is next to the orange button that says “Sign up. If you’re already signed in, you will see a different menu and can click “My account” in the top right corner.
- On the next screen, click “Profile” in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- On that screen, you’ll see your current photo with links to “Change” or “Delete” that image.
- Click “Change,” and you will see a pop-up that allows you to crop/adjust your current picture, and a button that says “Upload” in the lower left corner of the pop-up.
- Click “Upload” and choose a photo from your computer.
- Click “Save” when you are satisfied with your choice.
Alternative Computer Method
- Open your Zoom app on your computer and sign in.
- Click on your current photo/icon in the top right corner of the window
- Click “My Profile” in the drop-down menu that appears.
- The link will open in your browser and you can follow steps 4-7 above.
Zoom App Method
You might choose this option if your photos are all on your tablet or phone, or if this is how you primarily use and access Zoom.
- Open the Zoom app on your device.
- Click/tap the Settings icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click/tap on your name or icon on the next screen that appears.
- Click/tap “Profile Photo,” the first option on the next screen.
- An option will pop up prompting you to choose “Camera” or “Select from Photo Album.” If you have already taken the picture you’d like to use, select from Photo Album. If you’d like to open the camera and take a new picture, select Camera.
- Choose the photo you want and crop/adjust as needed, then click/tap “Done.”
You may need to log out and log back in to Zoom before your next meeting to ensure the changes you made have taken effect.
And don’t forget to update Zoom regularly!
Questions? Comments? Contact Jo Sahlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.