The OUUC Endowment Fund is a special account that will generate revenue to enhance the congregation’s ministry and mission in the future. Gifts to the Endowment Fund are invested, and only the earnings from those investments can be spent. When fully funded, the OUUC Endowment Fund will provide a sustained income flow for our church in the years to come.
Our Endowment Funds now reside in the Unitarian Universalist Common Endowment Fund (UUCEF), which provides reasonable return while investing in a socially responsible way.
OUUC members/investors can be assured that our investments are aligned with our values.
Ten Things All UUs Should Know About Socially Responsible Investing (SRI):
1. SRI means making money and making a difference.
2. SRI is much more than just avoiding bad companies.
3. Investment selection in SRI means using social, environmental, and governance (ESG) criteria.
4. Engagement means working to improve the ESG performance of the companies whose securities we own.
5. Community investing means directing a portion of your investments in a way that helps to ameliorate poverty and social inequality.
6. SRI is compatible with strong financial performance.
7. SRI is a growing movement.
8. The UUA is a well-known leader in SRI.
9. Every UU congregation can do SRI.
10. Every individual can do SRI.
Go to www.uucef.org for more information.
Total Endowment Fund as of Sept 18, 2019, is $325, 267.
HOW ARE THE FUNDS SPENT?
The Endowment Committee works with the congregation to identify specific enduring programs worthy of our combined endowment gifts.
WHO OVERSEES THE FUND?
The Endowment Fund is administered by the Endowment Committee, under the general direction of the OUUC Board. Endowment funds are isolated from other OUUC funds and spending of the earnings requires approval by both the congregation and the Board.
HOW WILL MY GIFTS BENEFIT OUUC?
Your gift enriches and affirms your personal commitment to our religious community and its fundamental beliefs and values.
Each generation provides a unique legacy to those who follow. Just as we inherit gifts from previous generations, so too will future members and supporters of OUUC find support in the gifts we make today.
Your gifts allow the congregation to further the dreams of our faith for those who have found a religious home here.
WHAT ARE THE WAYS I CAN GIVE TO THE OUUC ENDOWMENT?
Endowment gifts can take many different forms, and each can have tax and estate advantages for the donor.
- Remembering OUUC Endowment Fund in your will
- Naming OUUC as a beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy, pension plan, or IRA
- Gifting the fund in memory of a loved one
You are encouraged to work with your legal and financial advisors to find the optimal way for you to support the future of OUUC with your gift. Gifts can take the form of cash, certificates of deposit, securities, or other items of value.
Please contact John Tafejian for more information about the OUUC Endowment Fund.