Fair Share Contribution Guide
You can pledge “as can” or on a set schedule. Note that an “annual” schedule is for the six-month period, January 1- June 30, 2022. Whatever schedule you choose, your total pledge for the six-month period will show at the bottom of the form.
If you are a member and are unable to pledge for this pledge period and would like to request a waiver, please contact the church office.
Your pledge can be paid anytime during the pledge year. A number of payment options are available for your convenience.
Automatic withdrawal — Preferred Method!
Automatic payments provide a steady, predictable flow of funds to meet our Congregation’s expenses. You can either:
- Use your bank’s automatic bill pay service
- Set up scheduled payments by logging into your Realm account (let the OUUC Administrator know if you’d like some help getting started!) or make one-time payments) on OUUC’s secure online giving page.
Cash or Check— Mail checks to 2315 Division St NW, Olympia WA 98502. Give cash or checks to the OUUC Administrator or place them in the envelope provided with the Sunday offering. Please indicate your donation is for your pledge.
For the Tech Savvy!— Text “OUUC” and “amount” to 73256. Standard text message rates do apply.
Direct stock transfer*— You can fulfill all or part of your pledge by making a direct transfer of appreciated stock to OUUC. It’s a win-win situation – on your tax return you can deduct the fair market value of the stocks on the day of your gift as a charitable donation and you avoid paying capital gains taxes because there was no sale. If you wish to pay your pledge through a stock transfer please contact the OUUC Administrator for specific instructions.*
IRA qualified charitable distribution* — If you are over age 70½ and face Required Minimal Distributions (RMD) from your retirement accounts, you can instruct your IRA administrator to make a donation directly to OUUC that will be counted as part of your minimal distribution. You cannot deduct these ‘IRA qualified charitable distributions’ on your tax return; however, the amount of the transferred donation is not taxable income to you so you will probably pay lower taxes overall.*
* Please consult your tax professional for advice and further details.
Payments for Adult Education fees, event tickets, special offerings, etc can be made by:
- Checks mailed or delivered to the church office,
- Cash delivered to the church office or placed in the offering basket (in an envelope indicating who it is from and what it is for),
- One-time payments are made on our secure online giving page using credit, debit, checking, or savings accounts.