Spiritual Life Ministry
MINISTRY LEAD: Rev. Mary Gear, Minister
PURPOSE: Provides for the spiritual life of the congregation and its members and friends of all ages and circumstances, opening them to wonder and awe; facilitating their connections to the spirit of life and love; transforming and equipping them to respond to the needs of the world.
OUUC’s Spiritual Life Ministry includes:
- Pastoral Care
- Addictions and Recovery Ministry
- Spiritual Practice Groups
- Memorial Services Committee
- Sunday morning AV volunteers
- Sunday flowers
- Sanctuary Art
Community and Faith Development Ministry
MINISTRY LEAD: Sara Lewis, Director of Community and Faith Development
PURPOSE: Community and Faith Development Ministry expands knowledge, deepens understanding, and strengthens Unitarian Universalist identity in people of all ages and circumstances and responds to the needs of our world through service, financial support, education, witness, and advocacy, creating meaningful transformation in us and the world through collaborative work for justice, environmental justice and care for the earth.
OUUC’s Community and Faith Development Ministry includes:
- Religious Education Programs for children
- Youth programs
- Adult Religious Education
- Circles of the Spirit
- Justice Programs
- Share the Plate
- Green Sanctuary
MINISTRY LEAD: Darlene Sarkela, Congregational Administrator
PURPOSE: Resource Ministry enables and supports the Mission and Ends of OUUC by providing essential infrastructure and resource management functions, including overall church administration, facilities management, communication systems, and human relations.
OUUC’s Resource Ministry includes:
- Office Functions
- Facilities Management
- Buildings and Grounds
- Human Resources
Other Executive Functions:
The minister as Executive oversees and cooperates with other committees Including:
- A team comprised of the accountable persons for the five ministries and led by the Minister as Executive will be responsible for budgeting and ensuring coordination within and across ministries
- The Stewardship Committee will work with the Minister (and others as needed)
- The Finance Committee will support the work of the Minister as Executive
- The Leadership Development Committee is defined in the bylaws and partners with the Minister, the Board and the Community Life Coordinator as needed.
- Denominational Relations
The Endowment Committee is responsible directly to the Board.